Star Wars: Battlefront 2 finished up its open beta only hours ago, and player response is muddied: people love the actual game but not so much its loot box and progression systems. It’s prompted a fair bit of debate this week, but in a new post marking the end of the beta, DICE has laid out its plans and hopes for crates and progression.
DICE’s words on progression and crates are delivered in bullet points, and are worth posting verbatim here:
- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get…